HELLO, MY NAME IS SKOTI-ALAIN ELLIOTT
Yeah, okay, it’s pronounced ’Scotty’ — don’t ask.
I’m a coder; a developer if you prefer, of web apps and web sites. I do front and back-end application builds from concept through to production. I also do full-suite audio and some video production, graphic design, and I even dabble in electronics and microprocessors.
SOME FACTS ABOUT ME
- This is me, though I do look a bit older now.
- All the skills and code languages that I know are self-taught but I went to school for physics.
- When i’m not working, I usually… no, that’s not true — i’m always working.
- I have a very large collection of classic films. Some of my favs are “Red River”, “Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House”, any ‘Thin Man’ movie, and “In Harm’s Way”.
- It takes me about 4.5 minutes to fall asleep.
- I have a Studer A-80. No, really, I do. I’m looking at it right now.
- I went to school in the U.K. and that’s why I use British spellings in all my correspondence.
SKILLS MEASURED IN PURE AWESOMENESS UNITS
WHY USE ME?
There are a lot of developers, so what should you use me?
Because I’m freakin’ good at what I do.
I see it this way: it may not be someones job, a person might not even know what it really is but one thing is absolute: everyone is really good at something.
Applications, sites, and audio just happen to be what I’m really good at.
I don’t bundle a bunch of pre-made plugins or frameworks and call it development — I code, from the ground up. That means that when you need something very specific, it can be done — now and in the future.
Okay, why else? Great! I’m glad you asked:
- You always deal directly with me and I speak non-techno-jargon english.
- I don’t up-sell features that you don’t need. In fact, I more often talk people away from features that they think they need but don’t. Or, I’ll discuss building a space for it now but putting off the feature until it makes more sense to the business model.
- I’m fast. I don’t have a ‘team’ of people (that you pay for,) and I wind up waiting on.
- I really love what I do.
Here’s my business approach: Entrepreneurship is inherently risky and coming in at or under budget could be what makes or breaks your new app or site. If you succeed, I can keep working — it’s not in my best interest to over charge you into failure.
HOW TO GET IN CONTACT
I am not on facebook — I don’t like it. I’m not on twitter — I don’t like it either. If you want a social network built, that I can do but I have no real need for them personally. In fact, the only social media that I am on is LinkedIn and, frankly, Ehh! I don’t like it.
Then there’s email — that I can get behind. You can email me at email@example.com or fill out the form below and that will get to me.